Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Personal Space in Ecuador cont.

For example: I was riding the bus today and although it was pretty crowded, there was enough room for people to stand comfortably. I was standing towards the back of the bus and at one stop, about five people got on and a woman decided it was appropriate to press her entire body up against me. I was backed up against a seat and there was nothing I could do to avoid feeling every inch of her body and having my nose about an inch from hers.

This happens in different situations on just about every bus ride. Also, when you are standing in line at the grocery store or anywhere else, the person in back of you will be breathing over your shoulder, guaranteed. Sometimes I pretend to trip over myself just to give them a little bump backwards. Not that this lack of personal space is bad, I just prefer not breathing other people's air.

No comments:

Post a Comment